Here is how we did with our goals this year.
Before we get to the numbers, I want to thank all of you for reading this website. This past year has been a great journey, and I have some big plans for 2014.
Here is the break down for last year.
1. Have 2000 facebook follows. We ended up at 1,290. Not bad. I feel like this is the one I want to focus on this coming year. I want to have around 3,000 by the end of the year, and I think it is possible.
2. 15,000 hits per month. We averaged about 9 thousand per month. This isn’t bad, but we want more traffic.
3. 30,000 twitter followers. We ended up at 11,800. For awhile we were over 20,000, but I swallowed my pride and cleared out the bots. Next year, I want twitter engagement up!
4. Build my email list to 1500. Ended the year at 700. We are trilled at this, and 2014 is the year to grow this list over a 1,000.
5. Write 2 more ebooks. I ran out of time on this one. I am still working on two projects that will turn into ebooks. I am hoping to release one around the end of february.
Have 100 comments a month. Comment 10 times a week on different blogs. Done! I love reading peoples blogs, and leaving comments. The one thing that I am finding in the youth ministry world is the lack of a proper comment system. I am always annoyed that people don’t use disqus.
7. Use google+ better! I sucked at this one. I am slowly getting better at google+, but I love twitter and facebook. I know that google+ will allow more people to engage with my content, but I am not a big fan of it…yet.
That is how we did on our goals for 2013. I would give myself a C+. Lots of work to be done. Tomorrow I will release my goals for 2014.