Do you have goals for your site or youth ministry?
It’s great to have goals. If you don’t have goals, how do you know if you accomplished what you wanted to do?
I wrote an article on why I decided to create life goals in the post titled, “Why I created a life plan (and why you should too!), ” If you are looking to organize your life and establish goals for life try checking out Michael Hyatt’s Life Plan. Having goals helps clarify your life, and your purpose in life.
I think it is also great to have a youth ministry strategic plan. I wrote a post about having a plan for social media in your youth ministry titled, ” 5 ways to communicate effectively in a digital world“. Social media can consume all your time if you don’t have a plan for it.
Here are my Goals for 2012
1. Have 500 facebook follows. Currently at
166 / 188(april) 222 (march). Not bad. Still a long ways to go.
2. 10,000 hits per month. 8,808 in March. This goal might be a challenge just yet! So close, yet so far away. Trying to figure out how to take this site to the next level. I have a few ideas!
3. 10,000 twitter followers.
5,454 as of January. 5,870 at the end of feb. 6,250 at the end of March. Stead as she goes! This has been a grind! Twitter is a great resource, and I love that I have met tons of new friends from it!
4. Build my email list to 500.
261 at the end of January. 325 at the end of March. I purchased a premium plugin to direct people to the ebook at the bottom of posts, and it looks like it has been working.
5. Write another ebook. I have one almost finished on on Social Media.
6. Have 100 comments a month.
48 in January. 40 in February. 56 in March. Wooohoooo….Slow increases! I love love more of your comments.
7. Break into the top 10 of google search for youth ministry. This is going to be the biggest challenge of the year. I am current ranked
150. As of Feb, 106. March 200. The goal is to actually post twice a month articles that have keywords youth ministry in it. Once I have those posts, I will backlink them! Experiment time.
I feel like things are going ok. How are you goals going for your site?