Goals, Goals and More Goals! May Update
Do you have goals for your site or youth ministry?
It’s great to have goals. If you don’t have goals, how do you know if you accomplished what you wanted to do?
I wrote an article on why I decided to create life goals in the post titled, “Why I created a life plan (and why you should too!), ” If you are looking to organize your life and establish goals for life try checking out Michael Hyatt’s Life Plan. Having goals helps clarify your life, and your purpose in life.
I think it is also great to have a youth ministry strategic plan. I wrote a post about having a plan for social media in your youth ministry titled, ” 5 ways to communicate effectively in a digital world“. Social media can consume all your time if you don’t have a plan for it.
Here are my Goals for 2012
1. Have 500 facebook follows. Currently at 247 in April. 275 in May. The plan to boost this is to release a free ebook this friday on my facebook page. I will have a weekly message on my twitter account to remind people to check out my facebook page and the freebie they will get for liking it.
2. 10,000 hits per month. 8,400 in April. 7, 624 in may. I am not too surprised by this. I didn’t post a lot this past month due to my wife having a little baby girl on May 11th! I am so excited for this season of life, and this website had to slow down in order for me to be a great dad.
3. 10,000 twitter followers. 6,500 at the end of April. Currently 6,888. I am back to the old routine, and it seems to be working. I am on target to hit 10,000 twitter followers.
4. Build my email list to 500. 387 at the end of April. 426 at the end of May. I am well on my way to hitting this mark.
5. Write another ebook. I was supposed to release an ebook in may, but I hated the design and reworked the content. It is ready to go for this friday! I am so stoked. It is titled, The personal life of the youth pastor.
6. Have 100 comments a month. 30 in April. 18 in May. I am not too surprised by this because I have stepped back a bit in order to spend more time with my family and ministry. I am back, and looking forward to generating some conversations on the website.
I am excited to be back, and ready for the summer.
How are you goals going for your site?