Goals, Goals, and More Goals! November Update
Do you have goals for your site or youth ministry?
It’s great to have goals. If you don’t have goals, how do you know if you accomplished what you wanted to do?
I wrote an article on why I decided to create life goals in the post titled, “Why I created a life plan (and why you should too!), ” If you are looking to organize your life and establish goals for life try checking out Michael Hyatt’s Life Plan. Having goals helps clarify your life, and your purpose in life.
I think it is also great to have a youth ministry strategic plan. I wrote a post about having a plan for social media in your youth ministry titled, ” 5 ways to communicate effectively in a digital world“. Social media can consume all your time if you don’t have a plan for it.
It is really time to start looking at goals for 2013. That is awesome to think about and to start dreaming about. I am looking in the new year to start partnering with different publishers to promote products and have give aways.
Here is my November 2012 update!
1. Have 500 facebook follows. Accompished! 640 at the end of September. 680 by the end of November. This is one area that has exploded. It is very encouraging to see all these awesome youth workers liking my content on facebook.
2. 10,000 hits per month. September I had 7,413. 7, 917 in October. It is nice to see this building. November will take a huge hit because I only posted a few times. It was well worth it!
3. 10,000 twitter followers. 7,947 at the end of september. 8,317 by the end of November. I need to kick this into high gear! I think I might be able to get to 9,500 by the end of the year.
4. Build my email list to 500. 541 in September. 575 in October. We have destroyed this. I am so stoked to have smashed this target. The question for next year is how to take this to the next level.
5. Write another ebook. Accomplished! Go and check it out, The Personal Life of a Youth Pastor eBook. It’s free and all you have to do is like my facebook page!
6. Have 100 comments a month. 5 in september. 22 in October. This is nice to see. I am excited to see where this is going. I think that December is going to be a great month for comments. I am looking forward to all the interaction.
Are you close to your goals? Are you frusterated?