Top Posts and Commenters for September 2011
In case you missed them here are my top 10 posts for September, along with the top 3 commenters. The top 3 commenters will receive a free ebook called, “The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr.
My Top 10 Posts this Month were:
1. 5 Ways to Communicate Effectively in a Digital World (August 19, 2011)
2. Freebie Friday: 5 More Free Fonts (September 23, 2011)
3. 5 Websites You Need to Check Out (September 22, 2011)
4. Create a crazy cool youth ministry logo (April 29, 2010)
5. 5 minutes to Master illustrator (May 18, 2010)
6. A Program to Keep You Organized! (September 15, 2011)
7. How to make a great facebook page. (September 24, 2010)
8. A To-Do Program every Youth Pastor needs (April, 26, 2011)
9. The Best Video Camera for Youth Ministry (September, 20, 2011)
10. Friday Freebie: September Calendar (September 2, 2011)
A few things that stick out from the last month:
October was a breakout month. Tons of new content was generated, but also a few old posts ended up in the top 10. I love being able to see what Youth Pastors are checking out. I was really surprised to see a few posts in there from last year. Must mean those posts are still relevant.
Last month saw an increase in Youth Ministry Media in page views by 58 percent. It shattered my monthly goal of having 1000 views per month to 2,268. This is all because of you. You can see the goals for this website here.
Top Commenters for September 2011:
seventy8Productions (10 comments) – way to go. you are a machine!
Joshua Miller (2 comments)
Ben G Read (2 Comments)
Everyone gets a free ecopy of The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains.
Note to commenters: Please sign up for a free Disqus account. This is the commenting software I use on my site. That way, when you comment it will create a back-link to your blog or website. Also, if you upload an Avatar (picture), we will get to see what you look like. This is just way more personal—and social.
For October, I’m going to give a free copy of Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing Your World by Don Tapscott to the Top Commenter. This is an essential read for everyone!
Here is a quick and simple review of the book Grown up Digital from Youth Ministry Media. This is an amazing book, and a must read for anyone working with people under 40.
What was your best post last month? Why do you think it was so popular?