Have you ever read Lead Small? Do you use Orange curriculum or apps?
How do you train your leaders? Once a year I take all my leaders to a training event. I also try to do one in house. The goal is to do two each year, one in November, and one in February. I have adopted the Lead Small language, and because of that I was looking for training material that would help my leaders Lead Small in a larger youth ministry. Last summer, I came across the resource, Do For A Few: Training in how to Lead Small. Once I download it and watched the bit sized video, I was excited at how I could use these right away in my ministry and in the future.
Here is what you get in For A Few: Training in how to Lead Small material:
- Event Guide
- 6 videos by Reggie Joiner (QuickTime .mp4)
- 1. Intro (9:03)
- 2. Be Present (8:18)
- 3. Create a Safe Place (7:38)
- 4. Partner with Parents (9:03)
- 5. Make it Personal (4:00)
- 6. Move Them Out (7:35)
- Video outlines
- Discussion Questions
- Do For A Few Prezi
- Do For A Few Slides
- Do For A Few graphics to help you promote your event
Here is what we love about these training videos:
- They are easy to watch and build a training session around. They are only 9 to 7 minutes long. You could easily do these videos in a morning or make it a day.
- It has all the material to plan a great training session. Includes the slides, questions to each session, and outlines for your leaders to follow along.
- You can download them. I am thankful that I didn’t have to wait for the dvd. We are in the digital era, and it is useful to have a digital copy.
Here is how we are going to use these videos:
We are going to train our leaders each year with these videos. We will host a training event, and give out the books Lead Small, and Lead Small Culture.
We are also going to upload them to a private vimeo account so that we can share them each week with a special password to our leaders. This way we can go over again the principals that they learned during the one day training event.
I am also building a USB new leaders starter kit (idea stolen from Justin Knowles). These dvd’s will be apart of it with a ton of other things. This is one great way to immerse new leaders in the culture. My new leaders will have 2 weeks to get through the material and read over the requirements, and then I will meet up with them again.