Do you have goals for your site or youth ministry?
It’s great to have goals. If you don’t have goals, how do you know if you accomplished what you wanted to do?
I wrote an article on why I decided to create life goals in the post titled, “Why I created a life plan (and why you should too!), ” If you are looking to organize your life and establish goals for life try checking out Michael Hyatt’s Life Plan. Having goals helps clarify your life, and your purpose in life.
I think it is also great to have a youth ministry strategic plan. I wrote a post about having a plan for social media in your youth ministry titled, ” 5 ways to communicate effectively in a digital world“. Social media can consume all your time if you don’t have a plan for it.
Here are my Goals for 2012
1. Have 500 facebook follows. Accompished! 590 in August. 640 at the end of September. I am constantly amazed at how this keeps going up each month. I thought I would hit 650 by the end of the year, and now I will likely hit 700 facebook likes.
2. 10,000 hits per month. In August I had 7, 654 and in September I had 7,413. I have cut my posting back, and this is the result. I need to be more focused on this. I keep telling myself to stay focused! We can break 10,000 again easily.
3. 10,000 twitter followers. 7,800 in August. 7,947 at the end of september. We are slowly creeping towards the finish line. I think we will hit or be close to this marker.
4. Build my email list to 500. 501 in August. 541 in September. We have smashed this. It feels great to have destroyed this number. Lets see where we will end up.
5. Write another ebook. Accomplished! Go and check it out, The Personal Life of a Youth Pastor eBook. It’s free and all you have to do is like my facebook page!
6. Have 100 comments a month. 12 in August. 5 in september. Grrrrrr….This is a frustrating one. I am going back to basics. Comment on blogs, and set up a monthly give away for the top commentor. We will be looking for monthly prizes to give away like books, or ebooks. So, if you have something please let us know, and we will hook one youth pastor up a month.
Are you close to your goals? Are you frusterated?