Do you have goals for your site or youth ministry?
It’s great to have goals. If you don’t have goals, how do you know if you accomplished what you wanted to do?
I wrote an article on why I decided to create life goals in the post titled, “Why I created a life plan (and why you should too!), ” If you are looking to organize your life and establish goals for life try checking out Michael Hyatt’s Life Plan. Having goals helps clarify your life, and your purpose in life.
I think it is also great to have a youth ministry strategic plan. I wrote a post about having a plan for social media in your youth ministry titled, ” 5 ways to communicate effectively in a digital world“. Social media can consume all your time if you don’t have a plan for it.
Here are my Goals for 2012
1. Have 500 facebook follows. Accompished! 510 in June! 590 in August. This keeps going up! I think I will end the year in the 650-700 range. This is awesome! Thanks for liking the page. I am looking at ways to make it better!
2. 10,000 hits per month. 7,440 in June. In August I had 7, 654. Not bad considering I only posted 10 times! Yikes. Need to be more consistent on this. I am planning on posting at least 3 times a week, and working again from there to get back into a rhythm
3. 10,000 twitter followers. 7,209 in June. 7,800 in August. I was going crazy on twitter, and I stopped doing the work. To build a twitter list like the pros, you need to put in the time and energy. To be honest it’s a lot of time!
4. Build my email list to 500. 462 in June. 501 in August. It feels so great to have this goal completed. Thank you for downloading and reading my ebook.
5. Write another ebook. Accomplished! Go and check it out, The Personal Life of a Youth Pastor eBook. It’s free and all you have to do is like my facebook page!
6. Have 100 comments a month. 33 in June. 12 in August. Not bad for only 10 posts! haha. I am hoping to get this back, and I have a new strategy for this one. I hope it works in the months to come.
How are you goals going for your site? What goals have you accomplished this year?