A Great Starter Library For Youth Ministry
What books would you recommend to a new youth pastor? What books should you have if you are trying to build a youth ministry library?
One collection I have recently come across on Logos is called: The Youth Ministry And Leadership Collection (20 Vols).
If you don’t use Logos you need to go and check it out right now! This is the premier program for studying the Bible. If you can’t afford this, you can easily set up a payment plan to pay it over the course of a year. I know it sounds expensive. When I started seminary, I quickly realized how much money I would need to spend on physical sets of commentaries. I was thankful to find Bible programs that would store all the commentaries on my computer.
What I love about The Youth Ministry And Leadership Collection is that you can use and access these books from anywhere on your iPad or iPhone. It is worth it while training leaders. I love these authors heart for God and for ministry.
Here is what is included in this bundle!
- 99 Thoughts about Junior High Ministry: Tips, Tricks, & Tidbits for Working with Young Teenagersby Kurt Johnston
- 99 Thoughts for Small Group Leaders: Tips for Rookies & Veterans on Leading Youth Ministry Small Groups by Joshua Griffin and Doug Fields
- 99 Thoughts on Caring for Your Youth Group: From Coffee Shop Counseling to Crisis Care by Matt Murphy and Brad Widstrom
- 99 Thoughts on Leading Volunteers: Discover, Equip, and Empower Leaders for Relational Youth Ministry by Kent Julian
- 99 Thoughts on Leading Well: Insights for Leaders in Youth Ministry by Reza Zadeh
- A Beautiful Mess: What’s Right with Youth Ministryby Mark Oestreicher
- As for Me and My Crazy House: Learning to Protect Your Heart, Marriage, and Family from the Demands of Youth Ministry by Brian Berry
- Criticism Bites: Dealing with, Responding to, and Learning from Your Critics by Brian Berry
- Ministering to Gay Teenagers: A Guide for Youth Workers by Shawn Harrison
- More than Dodgeball: Where Youth Ministry is More than Entertainment by Joshua Griffin
- No Teenager Left Behind: 10 Hard-to-Handle Teenagers and How to Break through with Them by Leneita Fix
- Small Groups from Start to Finish by Doug Fields and Matt McGill
- The $5 Youth Ministry: Low-Cost Ideas for Effective Ministry by Todd Outcalt
- The 9 Best Practices for Youth Ministry by Kurt Johnston and Tim Levert
- The Disconnect by Doug Franklin
- The Indispensable Youth Pastor: Land, Love, and Lock in Your Youth Ministry Dream Job by Mark DeVries and Jeff Dunn-Rankin
- The New Breed: Understanding and Equipping the 21st Century Volunteer, 2nd ed. by Jonathan McKee and Thomas W. McKee
- The Volunteer’s Back Pocket Guide to Sex: Guiding Teenagers on Issues from Pornography to Purity by Craig Gross & Cris Clapp Logan
- Two Sides: Finding What Fits Your Youth Ministryby Darren Sutton
- Youth Ministry Life: A Daily Dialogue about Things that Matter by Kurt Johnston and Joshua Griffin