The Week Dominator [Review]
“Few people have a plan for their life. Most are passive spectators, watching their life unfold, one day at a time. Others, unconsciously follow someone else’s agenda, unaware their life has been hijacked.” – Michael Hyatt
How do you prioritize each week? How do you set goals? How do you know if you have accomplished everything you need to?
A lot of youth pastors have no time. When ever I am at a conference or gathering, I usually hear the word “crazy” often. We say things like, “my week was crazy”, “life is crazy”, and so on.
A few years ago, I stopped using the word crazy. My schedule was full, but I had to learn to make priorities each week. I stumbled across a useful tool from my favourite calendar maker Neu Year. They created a weekly organizer/planner to help you stay on top of things.
Every Sunday evening, I spend some time looking at the week and make time for what matters. If you don’t prioritize the important the urgent will take over.
The Week Dominator helps you:
– Plan your week so you get more done and feel less stressed out
– “Time Block” the days, so you focus on what’s important
– List your tasks, to help you remember what you need to do
– Prioritize your tasks, so the urgent doesn’t kill the important
– Ample space for notes, carry just one book!
– Section for tracking your habits & practices
– Review your week & the highlights of your day
– Stay on task, make a plan and get st**f done!
– The Week Dominator is 52 weeks in two books. Each book is 6 months, so it’s easier to carry around
– The pages are 8.5″ x 11″. With the soft cover, the finished size is 9.25″ x 11.25″
– Weeks are undated. There are no dates on the weeks. This lets you skip weeks, start early, start late, gives you freedom & flexibility.
– Planner includes 8 pages of front matter: a calendar, a place to write your goals and review your months.
– After the front matter, the Week Dominator has 2 page spreads (4 total pages) for each week.
After you have seen some of the features here are some of our thoughts on this useful tool:
- This book is so useful. To be able to organize your weeks and goal set each week is valuable and a skill that leaders need to learn.
- The time blocking feature is worth the $27.
- Two books for one year? Really? We need one book for the whole year.
- The size of this planner is a bit awkward. I would love to see it the size of a moleskine.
The Week Dominator is a useful tool for youth pastors. I would love to see these things in the hands of every youth pastor. This is my tool for keeping the most important things at the top of my list each week.