How many books do you read a year?
Last year I wrote a post over at youthmin.org called, How many books do you read a year? The reality is that pastors need to be readers. We need to be reading our Bibles, and other books by people who push us back to God, repentance, and renewal.
Here are are the books I am reading this year. What is on your list?
1. Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry
2. Disciple: Getting Your Identity from Jesus (Re:Lit)
3. Gospel-Centered Discipleship (Re: Lit Books)
4. Thriving Youth Groups: Secrets For Growing Your Ministry
5. The End of Religion: Encountering the Subversive Spirituality of Jesus
6. Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary
7. Creature of the Word: The Jesus-Centered Church
10. Middle School Ministry: A Comprehensive Guide to Working with Early Adolescents
11. Gospel Coach: Shepherding Leaders to Glorify God
12. Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City
13. Who Do You Think You Are? Study Guides with Daily Devotions: Finding Your True Identity in Christ
14. The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness
15. The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
16. The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
17. Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
18. Community: Taking Your Small Group off Life Support (Re: Lit Books)
19. Redemption: Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry (Re:Lit)
20.Unlocking Mission and Eschatology in Youth Ministry (A Theological Journey Through Youth Ministry)
21. Taking the Cross to Youth Ministry (A Theological Journey Through Youth Ministry)
22. Taking Theology to Youth Ministry (A Theological Journey Through Youth Ministry)
23. Unpacking Scripture in Youth Ministry (A Theological Journey Through Youth Ministry)
There are 19 books to get me started for this year. What else would you recommend to this list? I will do an update ever 3 months to see how things are going.